Last modified April 2018
Under this Privacy Notice, we, Essilor Amera Pte Ltd, inform you what personal data of yours we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. Your personal data means any information relating to you, including your name, contact details and email address.
Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully, it is very important that you fully understand how we are processing your personal data and how we are protecting your privacy. If you have any question regarding our use of your personal data, you can of course contact us as set out below:
Our contact details are: Essilor Amera Pte Ltd, 201 Kallang Bahru, Singapore 339338, Attn: Head of Legal.
Our data protection officer is: Laurent Teyssandier, email@example.com
What Personal Data We Collect
The provision of your personal data is a requirement necessary to provide you with further information about the Essilor Vision Foundation, its various initiatives and causes including the Eye Mitra program. We thank you to provide us with complete and accurate data, and also to inform us if your data needs to be updated. If you do not provide us with complete or accurate data, or if you do not inform us that your data needs to be updated, we may not be able to provide you with information you request or consent to receive.
We collect the following categories of your personal data:
- Email address
- Contact number
- Organisation / Company
How We Use Personal Data We Collect
We only use your personal data within the limits authorized by laws and regulations. Sometimes we use your personal data because the laws and regulations require us to do so. In any case, we do not make any automated decisions solely on automatic processing which may produce legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affect you.
We use your personal data, as described above, for the purpose of providing you with information about the Essilor Vision Foundation, its various initiatives and causes including the Eye Mitra program.
How Long We Keep Personal Data We Collect
We will retain your personal data only for as long as (i) necessary for the purpose of its collection, (ii) you have consented, or (iii) required by statutory retention laws. By providing us with your personal data for the purposes described above you are taken to have consented to our retention of the data indefinitely until you tell us otherwise.
Personal Data We Share
We inform you that we do not share your personal data with companies, organisations, public authorities or individuals outside of Essilor Amera Pte Ltd, Essilor International or their affiliated companies. We comply with applicable laws to protect your data. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse or alteration of any information you submit to this website.
How We Protect Personal Data
We have measures in place to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, including without limitation:
- We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to ensure that your personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security;
- We implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data, and monitoring of the access, use, and transfer of personal data;
- All of our employees who have access to your personal data are required to enter into non-disclosure or similar agreements, which imposes obligations on them to comply with our data privacy and confidentiality requirements;
- We require any business partners and third party service providers with whom we may share your personal data to comply with any applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
What Rights You Have
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have right:
- Of access to, rectification of, and/or erasure of your personal data;
- To restrict or object to its processing;
- To tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing information;
- In some circumstances, to require certain of your personal data to be transferred to a third party;
- To the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon your consent, to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We are committed to enable you to exercise your rights: to do so, you can contact us at the details set out at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. Please provide us with the following information, so that we can take your request with due consideration:
- Your name and surname, and a photocopy of your identity card
- Your specific petition (in other words, what rights you want to exercise)
- The date of the application and you signature (if you sent your application by postal mail).
If you do not get satisfaction by contacting us, you can lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data with a data protection authority.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Notice, in particular to make it compliant with new laws and regulations regarding data protection. But, even if this Privacy Notice may change from time to time, we will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your explicit consent.